Monday, October 20, 2008

A Long Awaited Vacation


This past week was fall break from school!!! Hooray! When I die I am going to find the person who suggested fall break and give him a big fat kiss. This was along awaited vacation! When the bell rang I was so excited I may have ran over a few of my students.

My friend Kristine has been bugging me to come up and visit her in Portland for a year. Kristine and I were in the BYU Special Education/ESL Program together and after surviving two long years we became life long friends.

Kristine lives next to the town where Matt and Amy Roloff live from Little People Big World. Every year Matt opens the farm up to public to sell pumpkins and give tours of the the grounds. Kristine and Kristin called in sick and away we went to the Roloff Farm. The farm was like Disneyland Oregon style! We were able to take both tractor tours that took us all around the farm and stopped in Western Town. To our surprise we were able see everyone from the show we met Matt's parents Honey and Popey, waived to Matt sitting on his front porch, saw Amy walking around the pumpkin patch, their art director Swen was driving around on the mule, and I was able to take a picture with Rocky the dog. While we were there TLC was currently taping an episode, so keep a look out for us on Little People Big World. The farm was amazing and words can not describe how much fun we had.